- To contribute to the start-up ecosystem, in line with the goals of the Government of India (GoI)’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- To bring our top talents under the umbrella of entrepreneurship, with extensive knowledge on Mentor India initiatives, Angel investor networks, and socio-corporate ventures.
- To design stand-alone programs on Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development and incorporate benchmarks and best practices.
The Start-up ecosystem in India is growing at an unprecedented pace. Did you know, as of May 2023, there are 108 unicorns in India with a total valuation of $340.80 billion!!
Considering the ample resources, funding and loan waivers from the Government of India (GoI), there is immense scope for graduates to turn into entrepreneurs. In line with this, the Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) strives to nurture the inventive spirit of students and give them the resources and direction they need to learn about entrepreneurship.
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at NGCE was set up in 2011, with technical and financial assistance from the Department of Science & Technology (DST) – Government of India. EDC facilitates students from diverse academic backgrounds to create job profiles, instead of monotonously fitting into one. The team routinely organizes Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC) to educate students about the diverse facets of entrepreneurship and discuss the opportunities and benefits of choosing this career path.
Right direction, mentorship, and training is given through industry-led guest lectures and government campaigns.
- Early industrial exposure and one-to-one interaction with successful Indian entrepreneurs.
- Special Focus on the scope, possibilities and exposure to success stories of women entrepreneurship.
- Awareness on government schemes and support.
- Workshops to gain access to Startup kits, funding prospects, sponsorship and knowledge on self-branding and audience-oriented advertisements.
- Special lectures on the legal dimensions related to entrepreneurship.