We are accredited with National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with effect from 01st March 2021.
What is NAAC?
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) is a government organization in India that assesses and accredits Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). It is an autonomous body funded by the University Grants Commission. NAAC was established in 1994 in response to recommendations of National Policy in Education (1986). This policy was to “address the issues of deterioration in the quality of education”, and the Programme of Action (POA-1992) laid out strategic plans for the policies including the establishment of an independent national accreditation body. Consequently, the NAAC was established in 1994 with its headquarters at Bengaluru.
Benefits of NAAC Accreditation for Institutions
- NAAC accreditation helps the higher learning institutes to know their strengths, opportunities, and weaknesses through an informed review process.
- NAAC identifies the internal areas of planning and allocation of resources.
- NAAC accreditation will help funding agencies with objective data so that they can take a decision on the funding of higher learning institutes.
- NAAC assessment will help educational institutes to initiate modern or innovative methods of pedagogy.
In all, NAAC is one of the major accreditation agencies in India, which is mandatory for all higher learning institutes.
Benefits of NAAC Accreditation for Students
- NAAC accreditation or grade of a higher learning institute will help the student to figure out all the details about the institute such as quality of education, research output, teaching-learning, infrastructure, etc.
- NAAC grade helps students to choose the best institute based on its NAAC performance in the NAAC accreditation process.
- NAAC grade also determines the value of degrees offered by higher learning institutes.
NAAC assess the higher learning institutes based on the following parameters
- Teaching-Learning & Evaluation
- Infrastructure & Learning Resources
- Research, Innovations & Extension
- Curricular Aspects
- Governance, Leadership & Management
- Student Support & Progression
- Institutional Values & Best Practices