The department was established in the year 2002 with specializations Electronics and Communication. The department offers undergraduate programs in BE Electronics and Communication Engineering. We took a pioneering role in establishing a postgraduate programmes in Applied Electronics (2010) and VLSI Design engineering (2011). The major areas of faculty expertise include Communication systems, VLSI, Networking, Embedded systems, RF and Microwave.
- Objectives/Mission of the department:
- To offer more PG courses in the emerging trends
- To have M.O.U. with leading industries reputed institutions in the country and abroad.
- Research and Development.
- Modernization of laboratories.
- Creating a focus for post graduate students and faculty members in research
- Inception of the department/Brief History:
The Electronics and Communication Engineering department was started in the year 2002. The department consists of qualified and experienced faculty member, well-equipped laboratories, Computer centers and a library. Apart from the UG course, it is currently offer PG course in ME (Applied Electronics) and ME (VLSI Design. The faculty members are actively engaged in research activities in the areas like VLSI Technology, Embedded system, Image Processing, Signal Processing and Medical Imaging.
Highlights of the curriculum:
- Aim to provide the fundamental concepts used in the design of digital systems.
- Points to analyze signals, systems and signal processing
- Aim to familiarize the student with Electronic components.
- Give idea on communication fundamentals and various communication techniques
- Equip the student with the knowledge of Electromagnetic and RF field
- Gives idea about microprocessor, microcontroller and networking.
- Electronics lab
- Digital lab
- Microprocessor and VLSI lab
- Digital circuit processor lab
- Optical and Microwave lab
- Electronic System Design lab
- VLSI design lab
Post Graduate Programme
- ME- VLSI Design
- ME- Applied Electronics
The department has fully equipped infrastructure, laboratory and staff. The staff here is committed towards the same goal and has an excellent team spirit. Electronics and Communication Technocrats Association conducts many technical events.
The department has conducted four National level technical symposiums and ten National level seminars over the years. There were distinguished and able people from areas of Image Processing, VLSI, and Networking conduct the seminars on vital topics.
Short Term Programmes
- IBM training
- Intel training
Bachelor of Engineering
+2 (50% aggregate in maths, physics, chemistry put togather for OC, 45% for BC and NRI and Pass for SC/ST), For Lateral Entry 55% in Diploma.
Master of Engineering
50% in Bachelor of Engineering.